THERAPISTSJoin our growing team of licensed therapists who are providing mental health services for Black men.
Join The Revolution
We believe the time has passed for one size fits all solutions in healthcare. The future future of mental health care will be highly personalized and culturally sensitive using a blend of technology and traditional patient/provider care. Henry is the industry’s first digital platform dedicated to supporting the mental health of Black men and will be the model that future mental healthcare is based on.
We are looking for forward thinking providers & therapists to join our platform to deliver the highest levels ethical and culturally sensitive care that will ultimately contribute to adding quality years of life to Black men across America.
Mental Health Therapist
We are launching a pilot in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. All of our services will be provided via teletherapy. At Henry Health, we’ve built a custom training, the Henry Model, to help therapists broach the unique experiences black men are encountering on a daily basis. All therapists will have to undergo this training to be allowed to provide services on our platform. A commitment of no less than 15 hours per week is required to be credentialed with major payers. For those needing supervision, such will be offered. Please only apply if you have experience providing talk therapy, post 2 years of clinical licensure with adults and are comfortable with the use of technology. This is not a case management position.
Education & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree, or higher advanced degree.
- Licensed in the professional discipline in DC, Virginia, and/or Maryland- LGSW, LGPC, LCPC, LCSW, LICSW, PH.D and LCSW-C accepted.
- Possess 2 yrs. experience post licensure providing professional counseling services to include providing diagnosis, use of multiple therapeutic interventions and approaches, and experience developing treatment plans, preferred. We are considering case management as part of the required 2 years of counseling experience.
- Experience completing biopsychosocial, conducting various assessments, and entering timely progress notes.
- Able to work a flexible schedule- evenings and weekends to meet patient needs.
- HIPAA/Privacy Act qualified. (Documentation Required within 5 days of start date)
- Possess experience effectively communicating both orally and in written format; will be providing professional responses to external entities and lead educational workshops on behalf of Henry-Health Inc. when tasked.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks independently, and work collaboratively on group projects.
- Demonstrated basic math skills/data entry and computer skills
- Assists in coordinating internal and external events, including outreach campaigns.
- Experience with electronic medical record maintenance; HIPAA/Privacy Act Compliance a preferred.
- Able to pass a mandatory Criminal Background Check (FBI and state) due to the sensitive nature of the position.
- Able to pass mandatory Child Abuse Background/Sexual Registry Checks.
- Ability to work independently- self-starter to support a growing practice.
- Able to obtain/maintain Malpractice Insurance (policy required prior to start date)
- Must be able to commit to working weekends (Friday-Sunday, or Saturday-Sunday) negotiable.
- Must be a team player, and motivated to continue pursuing continuous developmental opportunities to improve skill set.
- Admin duties related to the intake process, and processing insurance claims.
- Contact primary care physicians, psychiatrists, and other specialists to request patient medical record information, and/or make notification of therapeutic involvement.
- Facilitate individual and co-joint therapeutic sessions.
- Participate in consultations, case conferencing and peer reviews.
- Use only approaches and modalities in which she/he has received proper training/certification.
- Develop a professional rapport with both internal staff/contractors, and external professional offices (Primary Care, Psychiatry, and other stakeholders), while conducting business on behalf of Ince Counseling.
- Enter contact data into the appropriate Electronic Medical Records System and Privacy Logs in compliance with the Privacy Act when information is released to clients, or shared with other offices (with prior approval of the director, or Privacy Officer).
- Process progress notes and treatment plans (when needed) within 48 hours of scheduled sessions.
- Participate in workshop events, outreach, presentations, and marketing activities on behalf of Henry Health.
- Maintain compliance with HIPAA/ Privacy Act Training and protocol.
- Attend staff meeting bimonthly (TBA), use of Zoom may be permitted when deemed appropriate.
- Complete relevant training including the Henry Health training listed below. The training is divided into two parts: self-directed learning and a live virtual session. If you are hired, you must complete the self-directed learning prior to attending one of the live virtual sessions below.
Live Virtual Session (Must attend one of the following.)
April 13th, 2019 – 10-12 AM or 7-9 PM
April 20th, 2019 – 10-12 AM or 7-9 PM
Job Type: Contract
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $80.00/hour
THIS POSITION IS A CONTRACT POSITION, THEREFORE, DOES NOT INCLUDE INSURANCE.
Candidate must be willing to commit to a 1-year contract.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Providing Clinical Therapy w/Use of DSM: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clinical Counselor/Clinical Independent Social Worker/Licensed Psychotherapist: 2 years (Required)
Education: Master’s (Preferred)
Location: Washington, DC, Virginia, and/or Maryland
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for 1 hour to engage talk therapy sessions or workshops.
License: LPC, LCPC, LCSW, LICSW, Licensed Psychologist (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Submission: Resume, PDF of Current License and Proof of Malpractice Insurance
If you are licensed in the state of Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC, please apply here to participate in our pilot.
Henry Health is an app providing self-care support and mental health services to Black men.
© 2018 Henry Health Inc. All rights reserved.
Henry Health Inc.
2231 Crystal Drive, Suite 1000
Arlington, VA, 22202
Phone: (202) 350-3372