User Experience Fellowship
We are here to help.
Henry Health is a fast-growing, pre-seed stage tech startup. Our internship is designed to maximize exposure and contributions to our day-to-day operations in your area of expertise over a 10-12 week full time period. You will have ownership of a new, time-critical stream of work and also asked to support projects already in the works. You will be a part of bringing our shared vision to life.
About the position:
The specific scope of the User Experience Internship will be crafted based on your skills and interests, as well as our roadmap during the internship period. Strong candidates will be prepared to:
- Deeply Understand Our Users: Building user personas based on direct qualitative and quantitative user research. Discovering and planning for variation of user contexts (e.g., culture, age, income, environment)
- Translate User Needs to Our Product: Interpreting research to define user experience goals and design principles. Designing the interaction patterns between functions/information and users. Designing navigation pathways informed by an understanding of content, functions, and relationships within the system. Translating technological, operational, and functional constraints into the human-centered design.
- Define Best In Class: Researching and benchmarking consumer-facing wellness and teletherapy services in the market to inform Henry Health’s product development efforts and ensure that we are delivering a best in class product to our customers.
- Work in Scrappy, Fast-Paced, and Collaborative Environment: Collaborating with Designers, Content-Writers, Therapists, Operations and Strategy Leads in pursuit of shared milestones. Producing tangible documentation including personas, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, UI specifications, and competitive reviews.
- Education: Enrolled in a Master’s degree program or Undergraduate program in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, or a related field
- OR with 1-3 years of professional experience as a User Experience Designer, Researcher or Engineer, in transition between roles and looking for a 3-6 month immersive experience
- Familiarity with design systems (Sketch, Invision, InDesign, Illustrator, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of current web technologies and usability best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results and delivery-oriented, with unrelenting attention to detail
- Dependable, responsible, and mature individual
- Possess a pleasant personality and excellent communication skills
- Able to take initiative and navigate ambiguity well in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Candidates will experience building consumer-facing social media or wellness apps that users love
- Candidates who demonstrate a deep commitment to the problems we are solving, ideally founded in their own lived experiences with mental health, stigma, race, toxic stress, or access to care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Preference for candidates located in or willing to relocate to Washington, DC
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
How to apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com along with responses to the following questions:
Why are you interested in working with Henry Health as a User Experience Intern? (max 100 words)
What unique perspective or skill set will bring to our team? (max 100 words)
Describe something you are hoping to learn during the fellowship experience. (max 100 words)
We will review applications on a rolling basis.
Henry Health provides culturally sensitive self-care support and mental health services to empower people to show up whole, operate with joy, and live with power.
© 2020 Henry Health Inc. All rights reserved.
For Press inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org